Real estate development and Community Association Law combines several practice areas and requires experienced attorneys who can appreciate these nuances. Dart Adamson & Donovan has knowledgeable attorneys who can navigate issues that impact developers, builders, homeowner associations (HOAs), condominium and townhome associations, and planned unit development (PUD) associations.
Our attorneys can provide advice to developers who form community associations to conduct design review, oversee common area maintenance, and create operating and reserve budgets to fund all aspects of the development. We can also help property managers who are hired or homeowners who volunteer their time to manage day-to-day business operations, builders who need assistance with design review criteria, and residents who need guidance about their individual rights.
Our attorneys can also act as an association’s general counsel in all aspects including governing document creation, amendment and enforcement, elections ballots and meeting procedure, assessing, collecting, and foreclosing liens, and vendor contracts. Additionally, we can help with fair Housing issues including support animals, rental restrictions, and owner disputes in both private settings and the courtroom.
WE SPECIALIZE IN
- Legislative changes in laws
- Interpretation/amendment of documents
- Restrictive covenant/rule enforcement
- Turnovers of administrative control
- Collection of assessments
- Liens and foreclosure of liens
- Reserve analysis studies
- Utah state insurance obligations
- Federal fair housing compliance
- Reinvestment/transfer fees
- Nonprofit corporation formalities
- Municipalities/Code enforcement
- Project reconstruction
- Construction defect